Monday, June 05, 2006

Easy Day

Got in my usual Monday morning golf course run. Had another bizarro GPS signal episode on my Garmin Forerunner 205 during the run.

I was on the course with a clear view of the sky when all of a sudden the GPS Accuracy spiked to over 100 feet. This was the first time this has ever happened to me. I stopped, stood still for less than 30 seconds and the GPS Accuracy went back down to the 18-25 foot range and then stayed there for the rest of the run. Very odd.

The rest of the run was uneventful. The only other exciting thing today was stopping by the new Road Runner Sports in San Carlos.

I rarely get down to the San Francisco Bay Area peninsula anymore, but had a meeting nearby so made sure to stop in. Shopping at running stores to look at the latest shoes and fashions has always been a favorite activity of mine and this was no exception.

RRS has by far the largest floor space of any running store in the Bay Area and they had lots of good stuff. I forced myself to purchase some technical tops and definitely could have done a lot of damage if I didn't have some self control.

I learned they will open another store closer to where I live in the Fall, which can't be good for my wallet...

Technorati Tags: , , , ,