Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Running Safe

This morning was a recovery run after yesterday's tempo effort. I was tired, but it didn't seem too bad. We'll see how I fare tomorrow morning when I hit the track to run some 300 meter repeats.

I thought I'd give a quick shout out to the folks at Road ID. I have been using their ShoeID product (see photo) for several years now, and the reason why is because I don't carry any ID on me when I run.

This is probably not a big deal running around the block, but I run in the dark a lot (early morning during the winter) and on trails that are out of the way.


Having the ShoeID on my laces is unobtrusive and more importantly brings me some peace of mind that if anything was to happen to me during a run then at least people could figure out who I am and whom to contact. That seems worth $19.95 in my book.

Since I rotate shoes, I actually have two of them so I don't have to wear out the velcro taking it on and off from my shoelaces. And when I have worn out the velcro, they have always sent me a new strap free of charge so I can definitely vouch for their excellent service too.