Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Obsessing leading to overtraining?

I've been feeling rundown the past few weeks. I'm pretty sure I caught a bug somewhere along the line, andI just can't seem to shake it.

Of course it hasn't helped that my obsession over getting in the miles has led me to try and run through this and not take a day off. Plus I've been reading a lot lately and going to bed later than usual, but still waking up early to get in my run at around 6 am.

Is all this obsessing over my training prolonging the problem or maybe even caused it in the first place?

I sometimes wonder if I'm overtraining. Sometimes the desire to get in the training and not miss a workout overrules common sense which tells me to rest. That's how I've gotten injured in the past so I hope it's not the case now.