Sunday, May 21, 2006

Weekend Runs

Not much to report from the weekend. Saturday was another of those grin and bear it type runs, when you don't feel great but just want to get the miles in. Felt tired most of the way and got some strides in at the track as well.

This morning was my first longer run in several weeks. Was planning to get in around 12 miles, but was feeling really out of it the first couple of milesg. Almost decided to turn around and just go back to sleep.

However, I started feeling better after a few miles and the rest of the run was uneventful. Maintained an even pace throughout, which was nice as 4 of the last 5.5 are uphill.

I ended up running less than planned due to some poor mental calculations on my part mid-way through the run. The Garmin Forerunner 205 had me at 11.31 miles, while MotionBased calculated it at 11.37.

I need to start incorporating some faster track work into the training with the goal of running 800 meters at the Pacific Association USATF Masters Track and Field Championships on July 1 in Sacramento. I also might slog through a 10K on Memorial Day if I feel up to it...

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,