Monday, June 26, 2006

Summer Shuttle

OK, my kids have only been out of school for a little more than 2 weeks and it's already killing me. Since I work at home, I get to play chauffeur and shuttle them around to camps and activities. Last week was OK because my 10 year-old son and 8 year old daughter went to the same camp. Drop them off and pick them up at the same time. 2 car trips altogether.

However, in my own stupidity, I decided be a good dad and sign them up for different camps this week to better reflect their personal interests. Ummm, bad idea, because now I'm driving somewhere almost every other hour. My daughter's soccer camp goes from 9am - 2 pm, while my son's computer (AKA nerd) camp runs from 12 noon to 4 pm. Getting to the soccer camp is 10 minutes there and back while the computer camp is 20 minutes roundtrip.

For the rest of the summer, I'll have to remenber to schedule their camps at the same place and time so I won't go crazy.

On the running front, today's recovery run was uneventful. 8 miles dreadfully slow over the wet golf course grass. I was beat from yesterday's 17 miler so I'll play it by ear tomorrow whether I decide to run a MP effort....